Saturday, October 23, 2010

How Do I Know What I Know?

The only way that I know what I know is that I've been told that this world and the people in it are my reality. Because there really aren't too many other options than accept this as truth, I have accepted this reality as my own. Through my own experiences, I have learned more and more, which I proves to me that I have the capacity to remember things and learn from them. I think that this is a prime example of me being conscious of my ability of my mind to be aware of my knowledge and the world around me. Despite being able to remember certain experiences and being told that this reality is real,  I don't have first-hand knowledge that would directly lead me to believe that I am conscious of the knowledge that I have and the information that I take in. Everyday, whether it comes from my parents, friends, or school, I process tons of information and little evidence that I am conscious of what my mind is doing. Because I want to believe that I am aware of the information I am learning, I choose to accept the conventional belief that this is our reality, but there is no sure-fire way to tell. I don't think that anyone is actually sure about whether they know or don't know they are fully aware about their existence and their thoughts. Most of us simply accept that we wake up in the same reality everyday and take in information the same way everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah... we could be living a lie right now :O! Good job on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great perspective, it seems to reflect on the views of other philosophers as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you shouldn't know what you know just from what you are told... you have to find some things out for yourself!

    p.s. love u zach

    ReplyDelete