Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Together

My family is small and, as I mentioned in the last post, I am an only child. These facts only make me love the time that I spend with my family more. Fortunately, I get to see my parents everyday and my grandparents quite frequently, as well, but I don't see other members of my family very often. In fact, I met some members of my family for the first time last August. I remember being so excited to meet new relatives on the way to New York. These relatives were on my Father's side and from Panama. While my grandfather went from Panama to Indiana years ago, his sisters went to Brooklyn. It was great to be with them, even is for a short time, and ask them about the experiences they have had in New York and those that they remember from their home. Usually during the winter, I get to see my family that is still in Fort Wayne, IN, where I was born. This is pretty much my Father's side of the family, including my grandparents and cousins. Just being around family that I don't see often is a good feeling because everything else that keeps me busy at other times hinders me from staying updated with how my family is doing. On the other hand, I have probably began to take the family that I do see often for granted. I'll soon be leaving to go to college and I won't exactly be around the corner. It is then that I'll really realize that all of the time I had and will have with my close family is precious, and that I should treasure it. That time is a blessing that everyone doesn't have.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a really good post Zach! I really like how you explained a more personal part of yourself and I really admire how grateful you are for having the family you do. Not too many people do that.

    ReplyDelete