Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thoughts About Earlier Thinking

At the beginning of the year, I was tossed about between fifth and sixth period for a bit. Once I was actually in the right class, I could start to think about the class and form my opinions on how the year would play out. My first thought of the class was that there would be a ton of busy work. I am glad that the class was more of a thought-provoker than a mindless, endless writing assignment. I definitely didn't expect all of the movies, artwork, and other forms of art. I'm glad that all of the art we viewed and discussions we had were about meaningful topics that most of us could relate to. The path that the class took was way different than the path I thought it would take. I've learned a lot from this class, from my peers' opinions to the names of reputable street artists. Now that I think about it, the class was kind of what I expected for a while, when we were reading out of the textbook. Once we started reading Candide and discussing the themes and ideas, the class began to take a direction separate from what I thought it would be. I appreciated that we expressed our ideas through discussion than just on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment