Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Know This Means Something

I don't really want to write about religion for this blog; I'd rather write about something that I am a bit more certain about. That subject would be the help and support my Mother and Father have provided me with for the past 18 years and the fact that I will have to thank them in a tremendous way someday. They may say that I have repaid them already because of who I have become and how I have done in school and everything, but I don't really think that this is enough. They have been there for me countless times and I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without them. For this reason, one of many motivations to become successful is to attempt to show my parents how much their support meant to me and how large of a role they played in nearly every step of my life. I'll have to show them that the minor arguments that we've had over the years meant nothing next to trust and reliability of our relationship. At the end of the day, they are the only people I know that will have my interests on their mind even before they think of themselves. As time passes, I think that this concept should flip the other way around. One of my biggest wishes is that my parents can live life exactly how they want to when they are older and I'm on my own. I would love to call them in the future and hear that they are taking a trip to the Caribbean or to Europe. If I can be part of getting them to that point, I'd be a much happier person. Right now, I see the best way of returning their tremendous favor to me as helping them get to where they want to be, once I can of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment