Friday, December 3, 2010

Sports in my Life

At an early age, I took up golf as my favorite sport. I had played basketball, soccer, and baseball, but in the end, golf is what stuck. I have no idea why, at that age, I chose a sport that most people think is extremely boring, but I've been playing ever since. Over the last twelve years, I've come to really enjoy golf, which is why I've played competitively for such a long time. Of course, I've played for the Whitney Young golf team for the past four years, during which we have won three city championships. Through golf, I have been able to travel around the country and meet people from around the world. I've gone to golf academies at Kansas State University and University of Richmond. most recently, I've gone to Disneyworld for a leadership forum (related to golf). I agree with other people about watching golf; watching it on television can be painfully boring sometimes. I really only watch if Tiger is in contention. While golf is my favorite sport to play and compete in, I greatly enjoy watching and casually playing other sports. I consider SportsCenter to be one of my favorite shows because it gives the perfect interview of what's going on in the sports world. I wouldn't say that sports consumes my life at all, but I do like to have sports in my life. Most sports are a lot of fun to watch, and there a certain few that I enjoy playing as well. Still, at the end of the day, golf is still my main connection to sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment